Best Bran Muffins
- 4 cups all bran cereal
- 2 cups quaker bran
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 4 eggs
- 5 tsp. baking soda
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup raisins
- Mix the first four ingredients together. Then add buttermilk and let cool.
- In another bowl cream sugar and margarine or butter.
- Add eggs and cream together.
- In another bowl mix the baking soda and flour together.
- Then mix the flour mixture alternately into the first mixture.
- Add raisins.
- Put into greased muffin tins or muffin papers and bake in pre-heated 400 F. oven for 20 minutes.
- This bater will keep for 2 weeks in frig.
- It freezes well in the muffin papers.
- Place muffin tray with muffin mixture in freezer, when frozen place in zip lock bag.
- Then you can bake how many you would like.