Beyens or Haitian Banana Fritters
- Cooking Time: 4 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 VERY ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 can evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp. each Haitian or Madagascar vanilla & cinnamon
- Oil for frying
- Combine flour, sugar and bananas in medium sized bowl; stir.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well, forming a thin pancake-like batter.
- Heat vegetable oil in deep skillet until very hot.
- Spoon mixture into hot oil like pancakes.
- Flip over gently when corners are golden brown.
- Remove and dry on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sugar and serve.