Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
- 12 ounces frozen veggie crumbles
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion -- chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 15 ounces canned black beans -- rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces can enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces canned chopped green chilies -- drained
- 1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 8 8" flour tortilla
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese -- shredded
- 3 ounces goat cheese -- crumbled
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 scallions -- sliced
- Heat oven to 400. In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, combine veggie crumbles, taco mix and water; mix well. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, to blend flavors. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add beans, enchilada sauce and green chilies; mix well. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Spoon taco seasoned mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll; place seam side down in a 8x12" baking dish. Spoon bean and enchilada sauce mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 8-12 minutes, or until cheeses are melted and casserole is thoroughly heated. Remove from oven. Spoon salsa side down center of casserole; sprinkle with scallions.
- "The Capitol Times"