Black Bean Soup
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: Like 4 or 5
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 can of beer, I prefer something amberish
- 1 carrot
- 1 yukon gold potato
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 red onion, chopped to preference
- some cumin
- black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced,seeded, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2cups of water
- Broccoli or cauliflower
- olive oil for sauteing
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400. In a deep saucepan add the oil and saute the garlic and onion until the garlic is just golden in color.Turn off the heat. Add the beer,and the black beans, cook on medium heat to bring it to a simmer.
- 2. Once the oven is preheated, throw in the carrot, broccoli(or cauliflower), the potato, and whatever else you desire in your soup! Roast for about 15 minutes. Season the beans with cumin and pepper. Add the poblano pepper. Stir and set the temp to low. Once the beer has reduced a tad,add the water.
- 3. Take the veggies out of the oven and chop roughly. I like to cut the carrots into discs and the potatoes into small chunks. Before adding to the soup, puree half of the soup mixture. Add everything into the pot and let simmer on medium for 30 minutes or so, serve hot.
- Garnish with slices of avocado, sour cream, and chopped cilantro
In my family I am the one known best for soups. Give me food and I will make a soup out of it. Last winter I was kick' for some warm soup, but I had no veggie broth, a staple you generally find stacked in my pantry. So I decided to use beer instead. Surprisingly this made an excellent soup that I must share.