Black Bean Tart with Chili Crust and Lime Sour Cream Topping
- For Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter -- chilled and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make crust.
- In a bowl with a pastry blender or in a food processor blend or pulse together the flour, spices and salt till well combined.
- Add butter and blend till mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add ice water and blend till incorporated and mixture forms a dough.
- Press evenly onto bottom and sides of a 10 inch tart pan with removable fluted rim and chill for 15 min. or till firm.
- Line shell with foil and fill with pie weights or rice.
- Bake shell in middle of oven until edge is set - 8-10 min.
- Carefully remove foil and weights and bake crust 10 min. more, or till golden.
- Cool crust in pan on a rack.
- May be made a day ahead and kept covered at room temp.