Black Bean and Red Bell Pepper Salad
- Salad Ingredients
- * 1 can black beans (16 ounces)
- * 1 red bell pepper
- * Corn (optional)
- Dressing Ingredients
- * 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- * 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- * 1 Tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro
- * ½ teaspoon cumin
- * ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- * ½ teaspoon salt
- * Dash of black pepper
- Chop the red bell pepper into small pieces. Rinse and drain the black beans. Mix the beans and red pepper together. Set aside.
- Combine the dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over black bean and red pepper mixture. Stir gently to coat. Cover salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Serves 6.
Memorial Day picnics are an opportunity to debut the first of the summer salads. Save time by choosing a make-ahead salad with simple ingredients. The Black Bean and Red Bell Pepper salad looks festive and is a perfect accompaniment to hamburgers, hotdogs and other grilled fare. For the best flavor, make the salad the day before the Memorial Day festivities.