Blackberry-Rhubarb Cardamom Bread
- Cooking Time: 45-50 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 oz) container plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh or frozen black raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. F; grease and flour two 9 X 5 X 3 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cardamom, and orange peel; set aside.
- Fit a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat the butter and the brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir together the yogurt, buttermilk, and vanilla. Alternately add the flour mixture and the yogurt mixture to the mixing bowl, beating on low speed until just blended. Stir in the rhubarb and the blackberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.