Blue Cheese & Caramelized Shallot Dip
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 3-oz bags of thinly sliced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 5-oz. tub of blue cheese, room temperature
- Salt & Pepper
- Cover and cook shallots until they are a deep golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes, cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream in medium bowl to blend.
- Add blue cheese.
- Using rubber spatula, mash mixture until smooth. Stir in caramelized shallots.
- Season dip to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover dip and refrigerate until flavors blend, about 2 hours.
- Serve dip chilled or at room temperature.
- You can make this dip up to 2 days ahead of time.