Blue Ridge Pumpernickel Toast
- Cooking Time: 2
- Servings: 42
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 oz. loaf of pumpernickel bread (thinly sliced)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 oz. local honey
- 9 oz. jar of green jalapeno jelly
- 9 oz. jar of hot raspberry jelly
- Cut pumpernickel into 2” squares, then make one diagonal cut to create triangles.
- Lightly toast pumpernickel triangles at 375 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Whip cream cheese with honey. (We recommend honey from your local farmer’s market.)
- Place cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a small star tip.
- Pipe cream cheese onto pumpernickel triangles and set aside.
- On a stove, warm raspberry jelly and green pepper jelly in separate pots.
- Heat over medium heat and stir until hot.
- Remove from heat and spoon hot jellies on the pumpernickel, placing a dot of each on top of the cream cheese.