Bok Choy Stir-fry with Mushrooms
- 6-8 shitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 head of bok choy
- 1/2 cup of oyster mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1. Soak the shitake mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes to soften. Drain and cut off the tough stalks of the mushroom.
- 2. Clean and cut the boy choy into large strips.
- 3. Halve large oyster and shitake mushrooms by knife.
- 4. Add olive oil in a heated wok. When the oil starts to smoke, stir fry the garlic until slightly brown.
- 5. Add bok choy to wok and stir fry for about a minute. Mix in all the mushrooms and stir fry for another minute.
- 6. Add the oyster sauce, toss well and serve while it's hot.
Bok choy is a popular Chinese vegetable. It can be used in soups, stir-fried or as an appetizer. Chinese calls it the white cabbage, although it doesn't taste anything like cabbage. I like to cook this dish in the summer, because it's light and the mushrooms really compliments the bok choy so well