Bonnie Butter Cake
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs (1/3 to 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups cake flour or 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour baking pan, 13x9x2 inches, or two 9-inch or three 8-inch round layer pans.
- In large mixer bowl, mix butter, sugar, eggs and Vanilla until fluffy. Beat 5 minutes on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. On low speed, mix in flour, and baking powder, alternatively with milk. Pour into pan(s)
- Bake oblong 45 to 50 minutes, layers 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.