Brisket with Barolo and Blueberries
- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 beef brisket, about 3 lbs after trimming
- Fresh Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 bottle of Barolo Wine
- 2 shallots, each cut in half
- 1 packet of Stevia natural sugar substitute
- 2 pints of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spray an oven-proof baking dish with oil and place brisket in it.
- Put dish in the oven to sear the meat for 10 minutes.
- Lower oven to 195-200 degrees.
- Meanwhile, over medium flame, heat the wine, stevia and shallots until reduced by 1/4.
- Remove the shallots from the wine and add wine to baking dish.
- Add blueberries to dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 8 hours, basting after every 2 1/2 hours.
- Meat should be very tender. Add a touch of low sodium beef broth if wine looks like it's evaporating too much.