- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into 2" pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbls. margarine or butter
- 2 tbls. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Place broccoli & water in a 2-quart casserole, cover.
- Microwave at high (100%) until broccoli is fork tender, 8 to 10 mins. stirring after half the cooking time.
- Drain & set aside.
- Place mushrooms & margarine/butter in a 4 cup measuring cup or medium bowl.
- Microwave on high (100%) until margarine/butter is melted & the mushrooms are tender, 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 mins. stirring once.
- Stir in flour, onion powder, salt & pepper. Blend in milk.
- Microwave at medium-high (70%) until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Pour sauce over broccoli, sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave at medium-high (70%) until heated & chees is melted, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Can substitute 1-10oz. pkg. frozen broccoli, microwave at high (100%) until fork tender 5 to 7 minutes.