Brown Sugar Sauce
- 1/4Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 TBL. All-Purpose Unbleached White Flour
- 2/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 TBL. Brandy
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Melt the Butter in a saucepan set over medium heat. In a medium-sized bowl, stir the Flour and Cinnamon with the Sugar. Whisk this mixture into the melted Butter until moistened.
- Stir in the Cream and whisk until smooth. Cook over low heat (slightly bubbling), whisking frequently until thickened and smooth - 5 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the Brandy and Vanilla.
- Serve over the Coffee Cake while warm, or it can be refrigerated for about 1 week. Reheat just before serving. Reheat is SLOWLY, tho, or it will break.