- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 2
- 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- On a baking sheet, lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt & pepper.
- Once butterflied, place 2 slices of tomatoes on one half of each breast.
- Top tomato slices with 1-2 basil leaves.
- Top basil leaves with 1 slice of provolone, that's been cut in half to fit.
- Fold the butterflied chicken closed like a book.
- Place stuffed chicken on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Top with fresh basil chiffonade
After such a wonderful lunch with my Chicago Cookers & Bakers, I was inspired by the bruschetta that was served at our picnic for lunch. As a result, we had bruschetta chicken. Here's my simple & light recipe for bruschetta chicken. I served this with roasted asparagus and mushroom risotto.