- Servings: 36-42
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- 1 pkg. (6oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, with spoon, mix confectioner's sugar, peanut butter until blended,, kneading with hands if necessary. Shape peanut butter mixture into 1 inch balls, place on jelly roll pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- When peanut butter balls are firm, in a heavy 1 quart saucepan over low heat, heat semi-sweet chocolate pieces and shortening until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat, let chocolate mixture cool slightly.
- Remove half of peanut butte balls from the refrigerator. Using a toothpick, carefully dip peanut butter balls, one at a time, into chocolate mixture, making sure to leave a small amount of the peanut butter mixture showing to resemble an eye. Place chocolate coated balls on waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Remove toothpick, with spoon gently smooth over toothpick hole. Refrigerate until coating is firm, about 1 hour. Repeat with remaining peanut butter balls. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.