- 2c Graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbl. sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 lbs. cream cheese, room temp.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. rum flavoring
- Mix together the crumbs and the sugar in a bowl, and slowly add the melted butter a little at a time. Sometimes you don't need to use it all.
- Take a 9" springform pan and wrap heavy duty aluminum foil around the outside.
- Boil a kettle full of water.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pat the crumbs into the bottom of the springform and slightly up the sides, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese and sugar into a mixer fitted with the paddle, and mix on medium speed until well incorporated. Scrape down bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. I scrape down the bowl after 2 eggs.
- Add rum flavoring and mix.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into chilled pan.
- Place the springform into a baking pan deep enough to hold water ot come up halfway up the springform.
- Put the pan in the oven, then pour the boiling water in the baking pan, until it comes up halfway up the side of the springform. This is called a water bath.
- Bake the cheesecake for 50 minutes, then turn off the oven and let cake sit in the cooling oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from water bath, remove the foil, and let cool to room temp. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill overnight or at least 6 hours.