Buttery Corn Casserole -- with a new tweak!
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 oz. can evaporated milk
- 3 Tbs. butter, melted, divided
- 2 cans whole corn, drained (3-3.5 cups frozen corn)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter flavored cracker crumbs (like Ritz or Town House)(Keebler Corn Bread Crackers!)
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, evaporated milk and 2 tbs. of the butter. Stir in corn, cheese and 1/2 c of the cracker crumbs. Pour into a lightly greased 11 x 7 aking dish. Toss the remaining cracker crumbs and butter and sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
- QC march/April 04
This was originally posted on TOH by Pip_OH back in '04 and I've reviewed it several times before. We prefer it with frozen corn and I use 3 - 3 1/2 cups. This year, instead of buttery crackers, I used Keebler's Corn Bread Crackers (which we are hopelessly addicted to!) and it made a great casserole even greater! I'll make it this way from now on!