C3 (CheeseCake Cake)
- Cooking Time: According to box of cake
- Servings: 1 Cheesecake Cake
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 2 Packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 Large container of Kraft Cool Whip
- 1 Cup of White Sugar
- 1 Box of Red Velvet Cake Mix (Duncan Hines works the best!)
- Fresh Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, and Blackberries
- Bake red velvet cake as directed on the box (ensure you bake two round layers)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix softened cream cheese, cool whip, and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Taste the mixture and add additional sugar or cool whip if you desire a sweeter cheesecake.
- Rinse and dry all berries.
- Once cakes have completely cooled, remove the bottom layer from the cake pan and place it on a plate. Using a bread knife or serrated-edged knife, cut the top portion of cake off until the cake layer is flat on top.
- Using cream cheese mixture, frost the top and sides of the bottom layer of cake. Use as many fresh berries as you wish to top the bottom layer.
- Press the berries into the cream cheese mixture without smashing them.
- Remove the top layer of cake from the pan and cut the top off to make that layer flat as well. Place the top layer on top of the bottom layer.
- Frost the top layer with the cream cheese mixture and garnish with fresh berries.
- Do not press the berries into the cream cheese on the top layer.
- Refrigerate cake at least 30 minutes prior to serving.