COWBOY CORN MUFFINS WITH CILANTRO SPREAD
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6 Tbsp. Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread, melted
- CILANTRO SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. grated lime peel
- For Muffins, preheat oven to 400°. Grease 9 muffin cups or line with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder; set aside.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk, beat egg, milk and Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. On wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- For Cilantro Spread, in small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Serve warm muffins with Cilantro Spread.