Cabbage And Noodles
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- For Cabbage:
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Layer cabbage and onions in pot, seasoning each layer generously with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- While that is cooking, make the noodles.
- For Noodles:
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add eggs and just enough warm water to make a soft, sticky dough (like gloppy mashed potatoes).
- Slide dough by teaspoonfuls into a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain and mix with the cabbage mixture.