Cabbage Roll Pie
- Servings: 6-8
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 3-4 cups cabbage, chopped, 1/3 small cabbage or 8 ounces
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 8 small mushrooms, chopped, 3 ounces
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounce cheddar or Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Brown the hamburger, celery and onion in a very large nonstick skillet; drain fat.
- Add the cabbage and butter; cook until the cabbage starts to wilt.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the cabbage and mushrooms are very soft and start to brown slightly.
- Season with pepper, salt and garlic powder to taste.
- Add the broth and cream; bring to boil and cook on high, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened.
- Watch closely so it doesn't boil over or evaporate completely.
- Stir in the cheese, then the beaten eggs.
- Pour into a greased 10-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes until set.