Cake and Tangy Fruit Salsa
Birthday Bread Cake Chutney Dinner Party Dressing Easter Fruit Bread Fruity Game Day Garnish Gift Idea Independence Day Labor Day Low Calorie Low Fat Low Sodium Memorial Day Misc. Bread Misc. Condiment Misc. Dessert Mix Mother's Day Picnic Potluck Salsa Savory Sauce Shower/Wedding Sweet Sweet Sauce Tangy Topping Topping Valentine's Day
- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: makes 6 servings
- Preparation Time: about 10
- 1 Medium White Angel Food Cake
- 1 1/3 C. Kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into chunks.
- 1 C. Chopped oranges, peeled
- 1 C. Sliced strawberries
- 2T. Lime juice
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Make six cake slices.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate the salsa topping about 2 hours.
- Stir topping before serving.
- Spoon chilled salsa topping over the cake slices.
I found this recipe on a folded sheet of paper, inside of an old vintage purse I bought at a yard sale. It was in Bayou La Batra, Ala in 1985 during my 5th grade spring vacation. Didn't even know the recipe was inside the purse until we got home! I asked Grandma if we could try to 'make it'...she said if I wanted to..go ahead. So I did...needless to say...but I will...It became quite a hit with the family!