Cantonese Shrimp and Snow Peas
- Servings: 2
- 1 lb medium shrimp (71-90 shrimp per lb)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ tbsp fresh grated ginger
- Dash of white pepper
- 1 lb snow peas
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1/8 cup water
- In a wok over medium high heat, cook the garlic and shrimp in the oil for 3 minutes or until they just turn pink, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the ginger, pepper, peas, sake, oyster sauce, and chicken broth. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until peas are tender but still slightly crisp.
- Add the cornstarch slurry to the wok and stir until thick and clear, about another minute.