- Loaf of thick bread (I like the garlic loaf from Fresh Market)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- pint of tomatoes, cherry, etc.
- small balls of fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Trim the crusts from the bread then cut into small cubes.
- Toss the bread cubes with 4 Tbs. of olive oil and the garlic.
- Add salt and pepper if you'd like.
- Place the garlic croutons on a baking tray and cook for ten minutes (turning after 5 minutes)
- After the croutons have cooled, place one on the skewer followed by a ball of mozzarella cheese, a basil leaf and the tomato on top.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar (more vinegar than oil)
- I like to arrange mine in a vase so it looks similar to a floral arrangement.