Cara's Hearty Breakfast Casserole
- Servings: 6
- - 5 Eggs, Beaten
- - 1/4 cup Milk
- - 1 tube Crescent Rolls
- - 1 Potato, diced into about 1/2 inch cubes
- - 1 small to medium Onion, chopped
- - 3 tablespoons Parsley
- - 8 slices of Bacon, diced into 1 inch pieces
- - 1, 7oz. can of sliced button mushrooms, drained
- - 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- - 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- - 2 tablespoons Butter
- - Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook onions, potatoes and mushrooms in butter over medium high heat in a frying pan until potatoes are almost tender. Add a pinch each of salt and pepper to potato mixture. Set aside. In another frying pan, cook bacon over medium high heat until somewhat crispy. Whisk together eggs, milk, parsley and a pinch each of salt and pepper until combined. Prepare 9x13 inch baking pan (glass preferably) with nonstick spray or smear with a bit of cooking oil or butter. Roll out tube of crescent rolls to cover the bottom of the baking pan, allowing about a 1/2 inch to come up the sides of the pan (doesn't have to be perfect). Spread potato and onion mixture over crescent rolls. Sprinkle cooked bacon over previous layer. Pour egg and milk mixture over everything, and tilt the pan around to fill all the nooks and crannies. Top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Bake in oven for 25 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Allow casserole to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Ahhhh, breakfast. I love it! I will have breakfast at any time of day. It's the meal of the day that created to concept of sweet and savory, an idea I like to introduce to as many dishes as logically possible. If you're looking for something a bit heartier than the typical omlette, I've got just the recipe for you. It's taken me a few times to find the perfect combination, but the latest rendition I created this morning is a keeper!