Caramel Pecan Candy
- Servings: 81 servings
- Preparation Time: 35 minutes + chilling
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 20 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter over medium heat; stir in the cookie crumbs. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan , melt caramels and remaining butter over low heat. Stir in the pecans. Pour over crust. Cool.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, butter, cream and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over caramel layer. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- Let candy stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before cutting into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator.