Caramel Walnut Tart
- 1 recipe Pate Sucre
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 c water
- 2/3 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbl. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 c walnut halves
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Prepare tart shell and place in 9" tart pan. Chill 20-30 minutes.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil syrup in a covered pan without stirring; wash down sides with pastry brush, until it begins to turn golden.
- Carefully add cream and return pan to heat.
- Add butter, honey, and salt stirring until butter has melted and the mixture Is smooth.
- Stir in walnuts and simmer, uncovered over medium heat, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Fill tart shell with cooled walnut mixture spreading evenly. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet until crust is golden, about 25 minutes. Cool.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over tart