Caramelized australian lamb chops with grilled rosemary carrots
- Servings: 6
- 12 Australian lamb shoulder chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or red wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed and peeled, leaving ½ inch of stalks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons currants
- salt and pepper, to taste
- • Barbecued potatoes or bread, green salad, and chilled Australian beer.
- 1. Combine the marinade ingredients in bowl and brush over all sides of the lamb chops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for flavors to infuse.
- 2. Drain excess marinade and cook lamb on medium high heat, turning frequently, about 10-12 minutes for medium or until cooked as desired. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 3. To prepare the carrots, place all ingredients in plastic bag and toss. Wrap in foil and place on the grill with the lamb, turning pouch occasionally until carrots are cooked as desired.
- Serve lamb over grilled carrots, and side with barbecued potatoes, a green salad, bread, and chilled Australian beer.