- Cooking Time: 5
- 2 1/2 quarts ( 10 cups ) popped popcorn (Air pop is the best)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup white corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Microwave the above on high in a 4 cup glass measuring cup for 4 minutes.
- Put the popped popcorn in a large brown paper bag.( 10 cups)
- Microwave the butter, white corn syrup, brown sugar and salt on HIGH in a 4-cup glass measuring cup for 4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and baking soda to the cooked syrup (might boil a little, but do not worry). Stir until creamy.
- Pour creamy sugar syrup on popcorn in the brown paper bag and shake.
- Put bag and all in microwave and microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes, shaking every 30 seconds. Pour out onto a baking sheet and cool.