Cashew Lime Chicken With Rice
- Servings: 4
- 1 C basmati or jasmine rice
- 2 t peanut oil
- 1 T peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 C reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 C hoisin sauce
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1 t finely grated lime zest
- 1 C salted dry roasted cashews
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add ginger and garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Add the broth, hoisin, lime juice and zest, and bring to a simmer.
- Partially cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Chop cashews; serve chicken over rice and top with cashews.