Cashew Macadamia Crunch
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salt/unsalted cashews
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salt/unsalted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- Line 9-inch square pan with parchment paper, extending over the edges of pan (you can lightly spray with PAM, but parchment paper will let go of final product so none is needed). Cover bottom of prepared pan with chocolate chips.
- Combine cashews, macadamia nuts, butter, sugar & corn syrup in large heavy skillet; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until butter is melted & sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to cling together and turns golden brown.
- Pour mixture over chocolate chips in pan, spreading evenly (or attempting too)
- Cool, refrigerate until chocolate is frim. Remove from pan; remove parchment & break/cut into bite-sized pieces. Store in a tightly covered container, in a cool dry place.
- Makes ~1 to 1 1/2lbs of candy
- CHEF'S NOTES: I've tried using white chocolate chips & the taste is not really the same as using dark/bittersweet or milk chocolate. I've also tried using honey roasted nuts, IMO I think it's better to use the salted varieties.