Challah Braid Bread
- 1 egg- plus enough water to equal 1 cup and 1 TBS (at room temp)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/4 c bread flour (I have also used regular all purpose flour and it works fine)
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- After it completes your bread cycle on your machine remove dough and place on lightly floured board.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces.
- Roll out into 3 10"-13" ropes.
- Braid bread ropes and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise for 45 min. or until double in size.
- Spread Glaze over bread and top with poppy seeds or minced garlic.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 min. or unti golden brown.
- Glaze: beaten egg yolk and 1 TBS Water.
- I have also added cimn. and sugar to the bread on top and it's great too!