- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 10 large chanterelles, chopped up
- 1 habanero pepper, chopped up
- 1 small onion, chopped up
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package of vegetarian gravy ( i used Hain Pure Food, brown Gravy)
- fresh ground pepper to top everything off
- sea salt to top everything off
- sauté your mushrooms in skillet with olive oil, when about done usually in about 4 minutes add your onion and habanero pepper, sautéing 1-2 minutes more, keep on medium high heat and pour your powdered gravy right into the chanterelle mixture, then add just enough water to make this as thick or as thin as you like, stirring for 1 minute. Place on top of biscuits, like my quickest biscuits! and generously crack some black pepper on top and sprinkle with sea salt.
I made this to go with my quickest biscuits recipe. Or maybe I made the biscuits to go with this? who knows but it was really really good, and both are really quick to throw together. On another day or if your not in a rush you and I could just make our own easy gravy. But this recipe is for when your starving and just can't be bothered.