Cheese and Nut Stuffed Shells
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 45
- 24 dried jumbo shells pasta (* see NOTE)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (26 ounce) jar thick and chunky pasta sauce (2-3/4 cups)
- Cook a few extra shells to replace any that tear during cooking.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Drain shells; rinse with cold water and drain well. Set shells aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl stir together the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the walnuts, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling into each cooked shell.
- Arrange filled shells in the baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake, covered, about 45 minutes or until heated through.