Cheesy Pepperoni Blossoms
- Cooking Time: 13-15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 roll (11 oz) thin crust pizza dough*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt/pepper to taste
- 20 slices of pepperoni (I didn't really count these--put on as many as you like)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Make sure to use the "thin" crust pizza dough.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet. Spread olive oil evenly over dough. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, pepper and basil. Top with pepperoni and shredded cheese.
- Beginning with short side, roll up the pizza dough jelly roll style. Pinch the seam closed and cut into 8 slices. Place slices cut side down back onto baking sheet. Bake in pre-heated oven for 13-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
- For smaller appetizer, roll the dough from the long side and make them a bit smaller
My husband had an appetizer at Old Chicago a while back called Pepperoni Rolls and he wanted me to make something like them. Well, I had never seen them, much less tasted them, so I really had nothing to go on, but I did have a roll of pizza dough in the fridge that needed to be used. So armed with that and a bag of pepperoni, I threw this together very quickly. Although they weren't very close to the pepperoni rolls he had at the restaurant, he did give me the thumbs up on these. Plus they were cute---like little pepperoni blossoms.