Chef Emily's Signature Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ea Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips / Candy Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips or other candy pieces.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls and roll each into a log.
- Place each log into a section of the pan and spead evenly (logs should join at pan bends).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.