Cherry Almond Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 cup self-rising flour (very important)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter (yes another one)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Grease an 8 in round pan, lined with waxed paper.
- Grease paper
- Cook dried cherries and apple juice for 5 minutes in saucepan.
- Drain and then toss with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Pour 1/4 cup melted butter into round pan, top with cherries and sliced toasted almonds.
- Combine in separate bowl, flour, the other 1/2 cup of sugar, egg, the other 1/4 cup of melted butter and buttermilk.
- Pour over cherry and almond mixture in round pan.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and invert