- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 12-16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 250g Good Quality White Chocolate
- 75g Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 150g Plain Flour
- 150g Fresh Cherries (or other berries),
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC - 350oF.
- Line and grease a 20cm square cake tin.
- Pit and chop the cherries in half.
- Break up 175g of white chocolate and melt either over a bowl of simmering water or in the microwave (lower setting so as not to burn the white chocolate - as it burns very easily).
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and combine well between each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Then add the melted chocolate and stir through.
- Sift the flour over the top and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Chop the remaining chocolate roughly.
- Add the chopped chocolate and cherries and fold through the blondie mixtre.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread into the corners and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven when cooked and let cool completely in the tin.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Serve with icream as a dessert and or whipped cream.