Cherry-Cinnamon Coffee Ring
- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, divided (optional)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal (crushed to 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup dried tart cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the pecans (if desired) in 10-inch fluted tube pan generously coated with cooking spray. In small bowl stir together remaining 1/2 cup pecans (if desired), 1/3 cup of the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 2. In medium bowl stir together eggs, yogurt, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal and vanilla. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in large bowl stir together flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir 1 cup of the batter into cinnamon mixture. Fold cherries into remaining batter.
- 4. Spoon half of cherry batter into pan. Dollop cinnamon mixture on top. Gently spread remaining cherry batter over cinnamon mixture. Bake at 325º F for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.