Cherry Cream Coffee Cake
- Cooking Time: 60
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- Mix 3/4 cup powdered sugar with 1 tbls almond extract and 1 tbls water.
- Instructions: oven 350
- Cream butter and sugar add eggs, extract.
- Mix to blend. Sift dry ingredients and add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream until well blended.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter into a greased and floured 12 inch tube pan.
- Gently spoon cherries evenly into batter.
- Top with remaining batter. Bake 1 hour (or until done).
- Cool 5 minutes and transfer to plate. Top with glaze.