Chewy Butterscotch Brownies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup (11oz)Pkg. butterscotch morsels, divided
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsels and nuts. Spread into ungreased 13x9inch pan. Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- I hope I can explain this, one time I was out of brown sugar and so hungry for these, I measured out 1 3/4 cup regular sugar into a 2 cup measuring cup slowly added maple syrup until it just came up to the top of the sugar and used it instead of the brown sugar. It turned out fantastic and that is the way I usually make them now.