Chewy Chocolate Granola Bars
- Cooking Time: 23
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2c packed Brown Sugar
- 2/3c Peanut Butter**
- 5T Corn Syrup
- 1/2c Apple Sauce
- 2t Vanilla Extract
- 2c Rolled Oats
- 1c Chocolate Chips
- 1c Cheerios
- 2/3c Wheat Germ
- Add-ins: Raisins, dried Cranberries, dried Blueberries, Sunflower seeds, Marshmallows, Pumpkin seeds, Pistachios, Peanuts, Walnuts, Flax seed.
- **If you are not a Peanut Butter Lover ~
- Use 2/3c Butter, softened.
- 1c Flour.
- 1/2c Honey instead of Corn Syrup.
- 1t Baking Soda.
- Remove the Apple Sauce.**
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, applesauce, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the oats, chocolate chips, cheerios (other add-ins) and wheat germ.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture until evenly coated.
- Press lightly into the prepared pan.
- Bake or 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until slightly golden.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
This recipe was added to a cookbook I made for a six year old child. I was his nanny for three years, our favorite thing to do together was bake! These are a great snack for kids, adults, grandpas, neighbors... just about anyone would like this delicious Granola Bar. It is so easy to adjust to your liking. Add sweet or salty items and wah-la! I've been told this is better then "the store bought granola bars."