Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
- Servings: 4
- 2T vegetable oil
- 1 cup grilled chicken, cubed (you can get this in the refrigerated section at the store already prepared)
- 1 cup smoked sausage or Andouille sausage (or mix)
- 2 T dried minced garlic
- 2 cups of chicken stock (use 2 cups water to one package Goya powder)
- 2 T paprika
- 1 T creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, green pepper & celery
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup of parboiled rice
- Saute fresh garlic, pepper, onion and celery until soft (3-4 minutes).
- Add cubed chicken and sausage, 2 cups chicken stock, paprika, creole seasoning and 3/4 cup water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add minced garlic.
- Add 1 1/2 cups parboiled rice.
- Cook 20 minutes until rice has absorbed most of the water.