Chicken Bacon Pasta Skillet
- 1 (32 ounce) fresh roasted rotisserie chicken
- 2½ cups penne pasta, dry
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Set aside on paper towels to drain. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings from the skillet.
- Add the butter to the skillet to melt with the tablespoon of bacon drippings. Add the garlic and beans to the same skillet; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and heavy cream, scraping the bottom of the skillet to pick up any browned bits; stir until thickened, then add parmesan cheese until melted. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dice chicken and break bacon into pieces. Add to the skillet with sauce. Add pasta to skillet. Mix well.
- Sprinkle each serving with remaining parmesan cheese.
I love recipes with cannellini beans and heavy cream and to add bacon to the mix is an added bonus! The flavor of the finished dish was rich, not to rich but just right! A very hearty meal and one that we loved! Our local Kroger had their rotisserie chicken on sale for $5.99 and I have only bought them a few times but I really like them and they are so flavorful! Perfect for this dish! If you'd like to make your own chicken, just season it up, cook it and it would work fine! You can find the original recipe in the link provided and she makes her own chicken!