Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 2 cups dry shell pasta
- 1/4 cup julienne carrots
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pckt (or 2 tbls) dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups chicken (cut into bite size pieces; cooked and cooled)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add in pasta, wait a few minutes then add in carrots and cook until pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta into strainer and rinse with cold water. Shake until well drained.
- Set aside.
- In medium sized bowl mix the mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, bacon and onion powder.
- Add in the cooled pasta and carrots, chicken and cheese.
- Mix until everything is covered with mayonnaise mixture.
- Chill and serve.
This is a great alternative to buying the pre-packaged boxes of pasta salad. So easy to make and you can control all the ingredients yourself. Cooks Note: If you feel that there is not enough mayonnaise to cover all the ingredients just add in a tablespoon or so more until it covers everything well