- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans Cream of Mushroom or a combination with Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 to 1 1/2 soup cans filled with milk; add more or less to desired consistency
- 2 tsp. Curry Powder, more or less to taste
- Leftover chicken, cut up in small pieces, about 2 cups is good
- Hot cooked rice cooked in salted water (about 1 1/2 cups uncooked)
- Heat curry powder in saucepan over medium heat until aromatic, but do not burn (about 1 minute). Add cream soups to saucepan and stir to combine the curry with soup until smooth. Slowly add milk and continue stirring constantly until creamy and smooth.
- Add cut up chicken and heat sauce until hot and bubbly. Serve over hot cooked rice.
It doesn't get any easier and quicker than this. I always have leftover chicken and utilize it in this tasty dish which I've been making for years. In less than a half an hour, dinner is ready! I've never had a problem cooking rice, but splurged on a rice cooker. It actually comes out better than my conventional stovetop method and in only 20 minutes.