- Servings: 4
- 1.25 lbs. chicken pieces (I used breast this time, but I also love using thighs, or a combo)
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heaping Tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 batch of tzatziki (http://ellysaysopa.com/2007/03/14/elly-is-still-saying-opa/)
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced onions (I use red as they are the only kind I like raw)
- 4 (pocketless) pitas
- Whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, yogurt, and oregano in a bowl. Add the chicken and rub the marinade in. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat the broiler (or grill, or pan on the stove). Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, and then broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side, depending what size/type chicken you are using. Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before slicing into strips.
- Meanwhile, heat your pitas. I have a gas stove, so I just spray them with a little bit of oil and stick them right on the burner for a few seconds per side. Top the pita with the chicken, tzatziki, tomatoes, onions. Roll up and eat!