Chicken Marengo-Crockpot meal
- Servings: 4
- 4-boneless, skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1/2 cup of white wine (optional)
- 1-package (small size) of dry spaghetti sauce mix (such as Shilling’s)
- 1-can of mushrooms, drained OR ½ pound of fresh (I use fresh)
- 1-14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained (I used S&W Roasted Garlic & always forget to drain them!)
- Combine dry mix and wine. Place chicken on the bottom of the crockpot, add the tomatoes, pour the sauce mixture and tomatoes in then add mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. (8 may be needed if using fresh thicker chicken pieces)
- Serve over rice, noodles or polenta.