- Servings: 2-4
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless, no skin, butterflied
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tablespoons capers
- lemon slices to garnish
- Put chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap; pound to flatten to about 1/4-inch.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika; dredge chicken breasts to coat well.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté chicken breasts in batches, about 3 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Stir in chicken broth, scraping to loosen browned bits. Add lemon juice and heat through.
- Return chicken to the skillet; heat until sauce thickens a bit and reduces by about 1/2
- Add capers
- Serve with your favorite pasta